Quality Control Specialist
|Title:||Quality Control Specialist|
We are looking for a Quality Control Specialist
To develop and direct testing procedures to ensure high quality products. Quality Control (QC) procedures and tests should encompass all phases of plan operation from receipt of raw materials through the manufacturing process and tests of finished products. Also performs welding responsibilities, using heat and electricity to weld and unite metal parts for construction and manufacturing of stainless steel storage tanks. This is a crucial position in the manufacturing process and is therefore expected to ensure the production of high-quality work while keeping to production timelines. This position will be stationed at our fabrication plant in Anderson, MO.
- Review raw material specifications provided by design engineering and develop procedures to spot-check all incoming materials and reject all in-process and finished materials that do not conform to specs.
- Analyzes production process and develops periodic in-process checks so that flaws are discovered while they can be corrected economically before further work is done.
- Performs random checks of finished products to determine that they function according to the standards se by the design team.
- Analyzes root causes and allocates costs for faulty products according to reason for product failure.
- Works with production teams to devise ways to reduce rejection rates and associated costs.
- Prepares computer reports on QC operations and makes recommendations for improving the production process.
- Examine work-pieces for defects and measure work-pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to he welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, or other alloys.
- Clamp, hold, track-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metal.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to meals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
For more information visit us at:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in development and operation of QC systems.
- Analytic ability to develop appropriate tests of products quality.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Ability to prepare computerized QC reports.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to safely and routinely lift 50 pounds of steel.
- ASQ or Quality Auditor certification a plus, but not required.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications